Job Summary< Back to Jobs
Product Manager- Digital Targeting (Comcast)
A product manager is the owner of a discrete set of functionality with a particular emphasis on digital service and features or products that cross disciplines and business groups.
The product manager’s responsibilities will include:
• Product ownership and direction for Digital Targeting release projects; serving as subject matter expert and point of contact for internal groups.
- • Developing and implementing tactics for achieving metrics and goals.
- • Creation of requirements, product strategy, and executable plans for implementing new capabilities.
- • Working with cross-functional groups to create documentation/artifacts, develop strategies and manage performance, including product development, external vendors, design, content, editorial, marketing, and engineering for monthly development cycles.
- • Understanding the digital experience/space quantitatively (e.g., industry statistics, competition, customer segmentation etc.) and qualitatively (e.g., customer desires, trends, etc.)
- • Documenting the product vision and description in a clear, concise, repeatable format so that other business users understand the scope and purpose of the product and the engineering team and other stakeholders (e.g., designers) can develop appropriate product plans, deliverables, and schedules.
- • Driving the development and release of the product through all phases of its lifecycle to ensure predictability while providing transparency to the entire process.
- • Product and release planning, deployment and maintenance.
- • Development and user acceptance/system testing.
- • Understanding the financial and customer impact of the product within the larger scope of the company’s revenue and cost targets.
- • Understanding and acting upon customer feedback.
- • Managing the development of the product to achieve business targets and goals for channel growth.
- • Managing the channel as a business with an eye towards maximizing savings (call deflection) as well as subscriber awareness, usage and engagement/ retention.
- • Conduct competitive analysis and identify areas for differentiation, including features, functionality, and content.
- • Other duties as assigned.
A successful product manager will:
1. Define a product that meets business goals.
- 2. Create a vision for a product that spans an entire lifecycle, not just a current release.
- 3. Collect, author, and organize materials and documentation that enable engineers to create a product that meets business goals and customer needs.
- 4. Provide transparency to the development process.
- 5. Exercise sound business judgment based on defined business goals and objectives.
- 6. Manage within timelines and contribute to metrics reporting.
- • Come from a product development organization, either startup or large company.
- • Show a willingness to see the entire process through to completion.
- • Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- • Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable
- schedule(s) as necessary.
- • Education Level -Bachelor’s Degree
- • Years Experience - Generally requires 3-5 years related experience.
- • Compliance Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.