Job Summary< Back to Jobs
Manager, Digital Ad Ops
We’re the CMI IQ Rx team, and we help our pharmaceutical clients achieve their brand goals by translating advertising campaign metrics into actionable insights.
We’re looking for Insight & Analytic professionals who are passionate about data and problem solving. Who love explaining data and seeing clients’ expressions change when they get it. Who are numbers people who understand that it’s never just about the numbers – it’s about what they add up to.
The Manager, Digital Ad Operations will oversee, participate in and be the escalation point for the execution, management and optimization of digital marketing campaigns aimed at both branding and response objectives. This position is responsible for properly setting up all components of a campaign, maintaining a thorough QA process, helping to create and maintain best practices, as well as developing and overseeing staff activities.
- Serve as the escalation point for troubleshooting, testing, and implementation of ad operations
- Assist in development and maintenance of Ad Serving SOPs
- Help to oversee day-to-day logistics
- Provide technical campaign support to internal and external clients: troubleshoot and resolve campaign discrepancies and 3rd Party tracking issues
- Monitor campaign delivery / assets, identify potential issues and communicate recommendations
- Assist in the evaluation of new technologies, market trends and industry best practices
- Help to develop means to stream line process flow
- Stay current and aware of changes and updates in ad server and help communicate to necessary teams
- Test digital creative ads to ensure proper adserving implementation
- Correctly traffic ad tags to vendors in a timely manner
- Provide ongoing status of campaign implementation to the appropriate teams
- Participate in and oversee others in the QA process
- Interface regularly with partners; resolve issues that arise including reporting discrepancies, creative policing, trafficking requirements
- Implement site analytic event tag URL extensions
- Manage the trafficking, testing and implementation of ad campaigns and pixel tags as needed
- Monitor all live campaigns for proper serving, click through action, and conversion events
- Coordinate with client data feeds, as necessary
- Coordinate all tagging and integration efforts with third parties such as Programmatic Engines, ad verification partners and survey vendors
- Documentation of protocols associated with client term.
- Manage staff productivity and allocation of resources in collaboration with the Director, Digital Ad Operations, to ensure that billable goals are met or exceeded
- Manage staff performance to meet or exceed internal and external client expectations
- Develop, motivate and train Digital Ad Operations Associate and Specialist team members as appropriate
- Establish and track corporate and personal development objectives for each employee assigned
- Participate in Corporate projects as assigned
Bachelor’s degree (Preferably in business management, computer sciences, data management, or another related major)
- 2+ years of experience department management
- 4+ years of experience working in a fast paced environment
- 4+ years of experience in digital banner and search marketing
- 4+ years of experience using DoubleClick, Atlas, WebTrends, Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.
- Must be proficient in ad server targeting methods
- Must be able to demonstrate technical expertise - liaison between ad server and CMI (includes maintenance of adserver SOP)
- Excellent multitasking abilities and the ability to prioritize well in a fast paced environment.
- This position involves a strong understanding of the complexities of ad trafficking.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with different online advertising pricing structures (CPC, CPM, CPA, etc.)
- Comfortable working with vendors, clients, and other outside parties
- Strong detail orientation
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to manage projects autonomously
- Strong computer skills, math skills, and internet savvy
- Must be extremely proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Strong understanding of various ad types
- Ability to support inquiries from analytics and media teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with matrix organizations
- The ability to prioritize tasks across dozens of brands to ensure the meeting of deadlines
- Experience with Rich Media files and DoubleClick Studio
- Knowledge of coding of multiple click tags
- Pharmaceutical experience preferred
Compas, Inc. and CMI Media LLC, are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, nation origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, or physical or mental disability.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, STD, LTD, Life insurances, and 401k.