Job Summary< Back to Jobs
We are seeking talented professionals to join and support us in our mission to help small businesses connect with their customers and potential customers. We value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration.
As a Conversion Copywriter you love writing prose that drives action. You will be responsible for improving engagement and conversion rates from our content assets (ads, landing pages, website and blog), lead generation email series and customer on-boarding messaging.
Your role is laser-focused on driving measurable improvement of our messaging and copy that results in more leads, trials and active customers. You enjoy measuring and analyzing the results of your copy changes as much as you like writing.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who excels at writing persuasive conversion driven copy and inspirational content for target audiences and loves to work collaboratively. You will lead some projects, support on others and educate others in your craft for writing converting copy along the way.
The AWeber team enjoys working together, learning together and helping 100,000+ U.S. and International small businesses grow using our innovative email marketing software. We love our work and we love having fun doing it. Join us and do what you love every day.
Increasing the engagement and conversion rates for all external content.
- Update, and consistently optimize, all lead generation email series for our educational guides and courses towards increases in conversion rates.
- Leverage data and other key metrics on copy impact to transform insights into measurable results.
- Write engaging copy for video scripts and webinars.
- Educate and influence other team members on best practices around conversion copy.
- Manage A/B split test campaigns around copy performance using tools like VWO and Optimizely.
- Lead and support cross-functional projects across company departments (PR, Design, Business Development, Marketing, Customer Solutions and Engineering).
- Analyze and present reports around copy performance.
- Monitor trends related to our industry, partners and customers and report/present on them internally.
- Support with other innovative internal and external department-related projects and events as needed.
Bachelor’s degree preferred (in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field).
- Minimum of 5+ years of conversion or direct response copywriting that has produced demonstrable results for a brand or clients.
- Applied learning on the psychology of conversion focused copy.
- Conducted, or have been an integral participant in, customer surveys and research around motivations, needs and wants that have influenced your copywriting process.
- Experience writing short and long form direct response/sales-driven content while maintaining brand standards and voice. Writing samples and online portfolio showing what worked and what hasn’t will be requested.
- Experience with A/B split testing tools (e.g. VWO, Optimizely)
- Familiarity with paid, owned and earned media best practices.
- Have collaborated with UX, UI and design teams to carry through voice, tone and other brand requirements in your conversion copywriting process
- Experience using project management software (e.g. Basecamp, JIRA)
- Experience using Google analytics and Wordpress.
- Knows how to be awesome.
AWeber is an email marketing platform that allows 100,000+ small businesses and entrepreneurs to create and send emails people love <3.
And by sending emails people love, they’re empowered to connect with customers in ways that grow their business.
Best Places to Work in PA winner the past five years.