Job Summary< Back to Jobs
Content Marketing Manager
AWeber is seeking a hands-on leader and contributor to join our Marketing team. This role will require someone that is able to help execute the day-to-day with our existing team, as well as, support and build out content practice.
The Content Marketing Manager will be accountable and responsible for managing and helping to execute our overall content strategy, creation, distribution and measurement. You will interact directly with C-level team members on the content marketing plan that you develop.
Your contributions will support measured growth of our inbound marketing programs, lead funnels and education of our customers. You will also own the development, hiring, coaching and growth of the content marketing team.
You will leverage your experience as a content practitioner to support with creating content across all of our platforms and vehicles.
You have been successful as a hand-on editor-in-chief for a business’s content team.
You have proven examples of your awesome content creation and copywriting (long, short, conversion).
You will also leverage your years of experience managing and growing teams, implementing processes and executing ideas to help achieve team, department and company goals.
Ready for your next career challenge? This is your opportunity to own the direction, leadership and hands-on contribution of one of the company’s key departments.
AWeber’s mission is to help businesses connect with their customers and potential customers. Are you ready to join our mission and help educate businesses on how to succeed in growing their business through email marketing?
Be a coach and a player. Own, manage and help the team execute against AWeber’s overall content marketing plan. Our plan includes, but is not limited to, educational content that aligns with AWeber objectives, customer needs and industry-related current events. Content includes, but not limited to, blog posts, videos, social media content, surveys, white papers, how-to documents, internal/external articles, and other content as opportunities arise.
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all content, ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, tone of voice and is optimized for search and user experience across all channels.
- Support with hands-on execution of content creation and distribution against defined business goals and targets.
- Collaborate across teams (marketing, PR, design, customer support) to develop a strategic content marketing approach leveraging all appropriate earned and owned channels and assets.
- Audit and develop a comprehensive view of content marketing needs and opportunities, define how to best align content marketing with specific distribution channels.
- Manage the development, coaching and hiring of the content marketing department.
- Manage third party partners and toolsets necessary to achieve department and company goals.
- Manage creation and distribution of performance reports around content assets.
- Own the development of our conversion copywriting processes, split tests and ability to generate more leads and trials from our paid and owned assets.
- Support our paid media efforts via copywriting support for ads, landing pages and other assets.
- Work with business development and sales teams to develop custom content packages that deliver against revenue objectives and partner needs (internal/external)
- Be obsessed with leveraging feedback from our customers, and other data points, to execute our content strategy.
- Command a hands-on understanding of SEO with the ability to identify and leverage analytics for content development.
- Represent AWeber at conferences, meetups, and other events.
- Proactively monitor trends related to our industry, partners and customers; prepare content accordingly for internal and external distribution.
- Desired Traits:
- Highly collaborative - team player.
- Highly organized - awesome multi-tasker.
- Proactive problem solver - act with urgency.
- Detail Oriented - measure twice, cut once.
- Self Starter - able to execute & is results focused with a side of extroversion.
- Relationship builder - you love connecting and helping others.
Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years producing high quality content and a minimum of 2 years managing a team of direct reports where you were also supporting with execution of projects.
- Manager of teams. Ability to foster an inclusive and high trust environment, resulting in the team’s ability to contribute independently to a shared vision and larger goals
- Ability to develop and manage the execution of content strategy, specifically around owned and earned media.
- Proven content creator. You actively maintain blogs, publishing platforms, etc. that exhibit the mastery of your craft.
- Creation and execution of a content strategy that includes developing audiences and distribution channels for owned content assets.
- Completed certifications in Google Analytics, HubSpot Inbound or related.
- Established presence and involvement within the industry, related forums, groups, etc, exhibiting thought leadership
- Understanding and experience with technical tools and resources to enhance the the overall content strategy. Specifically, Email Service Providers, Google analytics, Wordpress, Sprout Social, Leadpages and Visual Website Optimizer.
- Experience with HTML coding and troubleshooting emails in our system
- Manage crisis communication in a responsive and reactive way with Social Media, Blogs, Updates, etc.
- Strong knowledge of how content integrates with other digital marketing channels (SEO, PPC, Affiliates, Social, Display).
We develop and manage email marketing automation and newsletter software for over 100,000 small businesses, bloggers, nonprofits, and other customers around the world.
We’re in Chalfont, PA, nestled in the heart of scenic Bucks County, in the suburbs of Philadelphia. While this position may require occasional travel, the majority of your time will be spent working on-site with AWesome people in our state-of-the-art headquarters. So you’ll need to be located in the Philadelphia area or willing to relocate here.
-100% Company Paid PPO medical, dental, vision, insurance. (including domestic partner benefits).
-Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance.
-Company Paid Life Insurance.
-Fully Reimbursed Gym Memberships.
-Paid time off (plus increases in paid time off).
-Company Shuttle pick up/drop off at local SEPTA stations.
-401K retirement benefits with company match and profit sharing.
-Free lunches every day.
-Break rooms stocked with soda, juices, coffee and teas.
-MacBook Pro laptops and 30” monitors.
-Multiple high definition theater rooms fully equipped with Xbox, Wii & Blu-Ray players.
-A game room with competition billiard, foosball, and ping-pong tables.