Job Summary< Back to Jobs
The Reconstructionist Rabbinical College & Jewish Reconstructionist Communities (Wyncote, PA) seeks a full-time communications associate. Reporting to the assistant vice president for communications, the communications associate must be a team player, thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a can-do attitude and serve as a problem solver and solution facilitator.
- Donor proposals
- Building and maintaining consultative relationships with membership and leadership in our affiliated Reconstructionist communities who seek marketing and communications advice
- Social media posts
- Online surveys
- Event programs and print collateral
- Manipulating email templates
- Sending email communications and analyzing email metrics
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organization skills
- Video and audio editing experience
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Excellent writing skills
- Web communications experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Drupal proficiency a plus
- Podcasting experience a plus
- Website content management experience a plus
- Familiarity with Jewish community/nonprofit world in general and Reconstructionist Judaism in particular
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or relevant field
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a communications setting
The Reconstructionist Rabbinical College / Jewish Reconstructionist Communities (RRC/JRC) is the primary organization of the Jewish Reconstructionist movement. We offer progressive rabbinical education and serve the Reconstructionist congregational community of more than 100 congregations across the continent; RRC/JRC is the first combination of this kind in the Jewish world. We are committed to our roots in tradition, to egalitarianism and inclusion, and to helping Jewish communities flourish.
Rabbinical education: At RRC, students engage intensively with Jewish texts, thought and practice, and gain expertise as well as practical training. Each graduate enhances the movement and the greater Jewish community with a unique vision that integrates Jewish knowledge, dedication to the Jewish people, spiritual maturity, interpersonal skills and integrity.
Services for the community: At JRC, we work to build Jewish communities that are spiritually and intellectually vibrant, and committed to Jewish learning, ethics and social justice. The movement provides publications, consulting services and resources to more than 100 affiliated congregations and havurot. We also promote Reconstructionist values among our youth through No’ar Hadash—the Reconstructionist youth movement—and Camp JRF.